There’s a new Nioh 2 patch on PC, and it’s a good one.
Team Ninja has released a new update for the PC version of Nioh 2 earlier. Patch 1.27 finally brings keyboard and mouse icon prompts, something that’s been bizarrely missing since launch. Nioh 2 had instead been displaying controller prompts even when using mouse and keyboard controls.
If you’re playing Nioh 2 with mouse and keyboard you can turn this setting on under System > Keyboard & Mouse Settings > Control Icons. Another welcome arrival in today’s patch are further optimisations for the High setting of Effect Quality, which can sometimes cause massive framerate drops in hectic, effects-heavy moments.
Team Ninja did not say whether the issue has been fixed entirely, but the last update did make some solid progress in that area, so there’s hope that this one will have eliminated all drops, or at least severely reduced them.
Players running the game with the 120fps cap should also notice that Burst Counters are now more consistent against certain enemies. You can read the full change log below.
- Added support for keyboard & mouse input icons. This setting can be switched via “System” ⇒ “Keyboard & Mouse Settings” ⇒ “Control Icons”.
- Fixed an issue which prevented Burst Counters from being used against certain enemies’ Burst Attacks when “Frame Rate Cap” was set to 120fps.
- Further improvements have been made to address the issue of frame rate degradation when “Effect Quality” is set to “High” in “Graphics Settings”.
- Shadows are now enabled in cutscenes even when the “Shadows” setting in “Graphics Settings” is set to “OFF”.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the fog in stages to appear brighter than expected.
- The screen resolution of 1366×768 can now be selected when the desktop resolution is 1360×768.
- Changed the settings in “Keyboard & Mouse Settings” ⇒ “Key Configuration” for camera operation via mouse in “Photo mode”.
- Fixed an issue where some effects would not display in the cutscene, “A Summons to War”.
- Fixed an issue that occurred with facial expressions while using the “Dragon Ninja” Transformation.
- The window menu is no longer included in the image data copied to the clipboard when posting character creation settings on Twitter.
- Other minor bug fixes.