The anticipated Nioh 2 patch has arrived this morning on PC.
Team Ninja has today released a new update for Nioh 2 on PC. Though update 1.27.1 doesn’t bring any big new features, it’s one PC players have been eagerly anticipating, simply because patch 1.27 broke the game for many.
In particular, 1.27 introduced a weird bug that would sometimes cause text to disappear from the game’s menus, making it awkward to navigate. The update also brought on a number of random crashes, which caused Team Ninja to issue a statement saying that it’s indeed looking into those reports.
Well, today the developer delivers fixes. Update 1.27.1 does indeed include a fix for the disappearing text, as well as a number of crash fixes. Some crashes were caused by opening the character directory, using the Gaki Soul Core in a certain sub-mission, and even by just loading into certain environments of the game.
Today’s update also brings more fixes for players running the game in 120fps, particularly when it comes to making Burst Counters more consistent, and properly syncing certain enemy moves. Let’s hope Nioh 2 will now be safe from crashing, at least most of the time.
See the full change log below:
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash when opening the Character Directory with DLSS enabled.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when raising to level 750 when using a mouse.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash in certain environments.
- Fixed an issue that could stop text from appearing on the screen in certain environments.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash when using a Gaki Soul Core Yokai Ability in “The Alluring Ancient” sub-mission.
- Fixed an issue when playing in 120fps where Burst Counters did not work correctly against certain enemies’ Burst Attacks.
- Fixed an issue when playing in 120fps Game Mode where certain enemies would behave differently than expected.
- Other minor bug fixes.