Update 2 [Sat 2nd Jan, 2021 04:45 GMT]: The anticipated issue of Edge spotlighting Hollow Knight: Silksong is now available.
A post over on ResetEra has shared some of the highlights. Unfortunately, there’s still no release date, so keep an eye out for that in the future. There are some other interesting details in there, though.
– Team Cherry’s next game will not be Hollow Knight related
– Team Cherry like Castlevania Lords of Shadow!
– Hornet will have the ability to perform tasks for NPC’s, keep track of tasks you’ve completed through noticeboards around Pharloom.
– Not replacing organic quest lines from the first Hollow Knight.
– Instead of rescuing Grub’s from jars, now you rescue fleas, that get themselves into little scraps.
– Hornet’s Crests are fully customisable, can be easily changed to reflect your play style.
– Trying to create a game that’s accessible to new players, but also matches the difficulty of the original game.
– ‘Tricks’ such as Sting Shards, Pimpillo Bombs, straight pins, can be crafted at benches from shards gathered from defeated enemies.
– The objective of the game is to climb to the Citadel, but there will be ‘many other lands’
– Hollow Knight composer Christopher Larkin returns
– Start off the game having lost many of your powers
– PC and Switch only at launch, release date TBA.
Team Cherry also noted how Hornet is generally more acrobatic (via GamesRadar):
“Hornet can travel so much faster, she can jump higher, she can mantle or clamber onto ledges, she’s generally more acrobatic. So the caves around her have to expand to accommodate her height.”
And the enemies in the new entry are more sophisticated than the ones in Hollow Knight, too:
“The characters in this game, they’re kind of one step beyond that, where it doesn’t quite feel right for them to be that simple. Like, they have to have surprising ways of chasing you, keeping up with you, or evading your attacks.”
Update [Thu 24th Dec, 2020]: The prediction was correct!
Original Story [Mon 14th Dec, 2020 04:15 GMT]: The Edge Online Twitter account recently shared a tweet about its magazine’s next issue (out 31st December) and it has sent Hollow Knight fans into an absolute frenzy.
As you can see in the reply tweet below – the image on display is believed to be a close-up shot of Hornet. This character, in case you didn’t know, is the star of the upcoming Hollow Knight sequel, Hollow Knight: Silksong.
Edge editor Jen Simpkins added to this, telling her followers to “Git… hype” for this “world exclusive” – which as fans of Hollow Knight have noted, is an interesting choice of words. She’s also responded to a number of tweets referencing Hornet and Hollow Knight, and even told some followers they are “quite close“.
The last time Team Cherry provided an update on Silksong was earlier this year when it said the game would launch when it was ready. Do you think the Hollow Knight fans are onto something? Tell us below.