Your weekly freebie on the Epic Game Store is live.
This week on the Epic Games Store, you can grab Surviving Mars for free.
In Haemimont Games’ Surviving Mars, you will colonize Mars and discover its secrets, with minimal casualties. Here you will be building the first functioning human colony on the red planet. All you need are supplies, oxygen, training, experience with sandstorms, and more in order to uncover the purpose of black cubes which have appeared.
You will choose a space agency for resources and financial support, build domes and infrastructure, research new possibilities, and utilize drones to unlock more ways to shape and expand your settlement. You will grow your own food, mine minerals, and try to keep your colonists alive.
- Building a sustainable colony in space
- Building on a planet not fit for human life challenges you to build a smart, functional colony. Bad planning isn’t about traffic jams, it’s about the survival of your colonists. You really don’t want rolling blackouts in a city constructed in a place without oxygen.
- Individually simulated colonists
- Each colonist is a unique individual with problems and strengths that influence the needs and behavior of the other colonists. Things can get really interesting if your chief scientist develops alcoholism after one too many long nights in the lab.
- Futuristic Space Dome construction
- Retro-futuristic super structures housing colonists, factories, and commercial buildings with their own “neighborhood personality.” Create colonies that value science over everything else, while tired workers drink their pay away at a local bar, or attempt a utopia among the stars.
- Exploration of Mars’ secrets
- Inspired by the classic sci-fi of Asimov and Clarke, Surviving Mars holds many secrets. During each playthrough, players may encounter one of Mars’ individually crafted mysteries. Uncovering these secrets might bring your colony great fortune, or terrible ruin. What is that sphere that manifested itself outside colony HUB B, and is it friendly?
- Randomized research tree
- Combine static and random research through experimentation, which allows for a different experience for each journey through the game. Attain new scientific breakthroughs by exploring the uncharted terrain of Mars’s surface.
Next week on the Epic Games Store you will be able to download The Fall for free. The game features an award-winning story, puzzles, and tense action. In it you play ARID, the AI onboard a mark-7 combat suit. The human pilot encased within the suit is unconscious, so you must find a way to follow protocol and save his life.