Launching in just a couple of days’ time on the Nintendo Switch eShop is GUNPIG: Firepower For Hire, an arcade-style twin-stick shooter from developer LaPointe Joints and publisher Flynn’s Arcade.
Putting pigs in spaceships and sending them out on an intergalactic shooter mission might not be the first idea you’d think of when designing a game, but that’s exactly what we have here. As you’ll see in the trailer above, the game is a fast-paced affair which will test your speed and reflexes at the wheel, as well as your ability to make good use of the quick-swap weapon system.
The game’s said to include bonus levels to unlock as well as hidden collectables to find, located across eight different stages that get progressively more challenging. Here’s a feature list:
– Cute piggy mascot character!
– 8 different stages of increasing challenge
– 9 different weapons with 3 special weapons; a droppable mine, acid barrier or area blast!
– Quick swap ‘GunMod’ system…just drive over the pad to change out your gun at any time!
– Hidden ‘Bax Card’ art card collectibles illustrated by individual artists hidden throughout the levels
– Full soundtrack by Tower Of Guns/Mothergunship composer Mike Mirabello, with special victory track by The Mysterious Breakmaster Cylinder
The game launches on 3rd December – that’s this Thursday – and will be priced at $4.99 / £4.49.
Ever wanted to take on the role of a pig who doubles up as an alien pest control specialist? Let us know if you’ll be doing just that with a comment below.