Watch Dogs: Legion will be free to play this weekend.
Watch Dogs: Legion will be available to play for free from March 25-29 on Xbox and PlayStation systems, the Epic Games Store, and through the Ubisoft store.
Every character in near-future London will be available to recruit and play as during the Free Trial Weekend in both single-player and online modes.
You will also be able to explore half of the eight boroughs including the City of London and Islington & Hackney. Additionally, you will be able to discover the game’s storyline up to the Skye Larsen mission.
All game progression will carry over to the full game upon purchase.
You will be able to pre-download the trail starting tomorrow, March 24 at 4pm UTC, 12pm EDT, 9am PDT, 5pm CET for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 and March 24 at 5pm UTC, 1pm EDT, 10am PDT, 6pm CET on Epic Games Store and Ubisoft Connect.
Pre-load will not be available on Xbox One or Xbox Series X/S.
To participate in the Free Trial Weekend an online connection will be required for both the single-player campaign as well as the Online Mode. Players on PlayStation will require a PlayStation Plus subscription. Xbox One as well as Xbox Series X/S will require Xbox Live to access the online mode.
To tempt you into a purchase, there will be discounts on both the game and the season pass across selected platforms:
- Xbox: From March 12 – April 15 – 50% off of the Standard and Ultimate editions.
- PlayStation: From March 24-31 – 50% off of the Standard and Ultimate editions and 25% off of the season pass
- Ubisoft Store on Windows PC: From March 18 to April 9 – 50% off of the Standard, Gold & Ultimate editions, and 25% off of the season pass
- Epic Games Store on Windows PC: March 25 – April 8 – 50% off of the Standard, Gold & Ultimate editions, and 25% off of the season pass
- Stadia: From March 25-29, 50% off of the Standard, Gold & Ultimate editions and 25% off of the season pass
Ubisoft has also detailed the availability of the free post-launch content for all players as well as the new, exclusive content for season pass owners across single-player and online modes.
The post-launch content for all Watch Dogs: Legion players include:
- Today: Leader of the Pack, the first Tactical Op which will require teamwork and efficiency, is available to play in the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion. Working with a whistle-blower, DedSec uncovers a deadly initiative that brings the next level of hive-mind-based AI on Urban Drone Warfare. They must race to stop the program at its tracks and will discover a hidden terrifying threat at the heart of it all.
- In late-May, players will have access to two new PvP modes: Extraction and fan favorite, Invasion, and a new Tactical Op, Project Omni, in the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion. Project Omni is intense and challenging and will need a team of four to infiltrate a secret project to find out why Londoners’ Optik devices are negatively affecting their brains.
For season pass owners:
- In late April, Mina, a subject of transhuman experiments, who possesses the ability to mind control individuals will be available alongside a new mission.
- Late June will see the release of Watch Dogs: Legion – Bloodline, a new storyline that includes Aiden Pearce from the original Watch Dogs game, and Wrench from Watch Dogs 2 fully playable in the single-player campaign and online.
- In August, Darcy, a member of the Assassin Order from Assassin’s Creed will be available as a new playable character alongside new missions.
If you’re just getting started with the game, then check out our Operative Recruitment guide here, as well as our pages on how to make a Borough Defiant, where to find Tech Points, how to unlock Stormzy’s Fall on My Enemies mission and how to fast travel around London.